SPM supply a wide range of materials.
- Super Duplex S32750 / 2507 (both S32760 and S32750 / 2507)
- Duplex S31803 / S32205 / 2205 (S31803 / S32205 / 2205)
- 6% Moly (S31254)
- Nickel Alloys (Alloy 400, 625, 800, 825, etc)
- Stainless Steels (316L, 304L, 904L, 310, 321, etc
However our main scope of supply is Duplex S31803 / S32205 / 2205, Super Duplex S32750 / 2507, 6% Moly and Nickel Alloys. Please see sub headings for further information on the actual materials.
6% moly alloys are named for their 6% molybdenum content. Molybdenum is a silvery metal with the sixth highest melting point of any element. It is therefore often used in applications that involve intense heat. 6% moly alloys also contain high levels of chromium and nitrogen, which also make them highly resistant to corrosion.
Because of these characteristics, 6% moly alloys are used in high chloride environments and process streams, such as in sea and brackish water, pulp mill bleach systems, desalination systems and chemical processes.
6% moly alloys have excellent impact toughness and workability and are up to 50% stronger than the 300 series austenitic steels. In addition, 6% moly alloys are also more cost effective than titanium and nickel based alloys.
- Very high resistance to chloride corrosion
- Stronger than austenitic stainless steels
- High melting point
- Pulp Mill Bleach Systems
- Desalination Equipment
- Seawater handling equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
For more information on our range of 6% moly alloy products, please contact us today.